Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I Think I've Found My New Cross Training

It's hard to believe that today is Wednesday!  James and I have been busy little bees today.  We got up this morning bright and early for our run.  We both were secretly hoping it would be raining so we could run in the rain, but it wasn't.  It was cooler this morning though.  We got River hooked up, our water bottles on and headed out.  Today our run went like this:

 2 Rounds 2 minutes run/1 minute walk
5 Rounds 3 minutes run/1 minute walk
2 Rounds 4 minutes run/1 minute walk

It was a great run!  James smiled the whole way.  He did much better at keeping up with River and myself.  He had a great time!  I'm feeling like I'm back to myself so I'm doing a double tomorrow.  I'm getting up early to run with River and then I'm going to the gym to do the bike and weights.  I won't do a long run, but I just want to see how I feel.

We did our 30 minute clean/purge and then he went to Michael's for his craft class.  I found a quiet corner of the store to read since we can't leave the store while he's in class.  I have to sit and read otherwise I will spend way too much money and we need to save for our trip to Indiana and for Fan Expo in August.

We had some lunch and did another quick purge to finish filling the Salvation Army boxes.  Then it was off to drop our boxes off.  Afterwards we went to the park.  Here is where I found my new cross training. 

I know playing on a playground is good for your motor skills both fine and gross.  I play with James when we go.  This playground has a lot of balance type things though.  My core is really sore right now!  I balanced (or tried to) on this really wobbly wake board thingy and had a tough time doing it.  I played on the monkey bars and some of the other wobbly toys.  It was a lot of fun and James got me trying to do it all.




I'm thinking a few trips to the park in the mornings might help my core. I've been trying to figure out how to make myself do more core work.  I'm just to lazy to just do it, but if it's fun like this I just may be on board.

So tomorrow I'm doing a double.  Friday James and I are running and make our video for the Lord of the Bling Contest.  Saturday I'm doing speed work and weights in the gym.  Sunday is my long run.  Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment