Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Fourth of July!

Ever have one of those days where you know that running may not be a good idea, but you really really want to run?  Yeah, that was my day today.  Last night I was achy all over and just couldn't get comfortable.  This morning I woke up and every muscle and bone in my body just hurt...a lot.

I tried stretching and it didn't help.  I decided to just take the dogs for a long walk.  I don't know if that helped or not.

Anya and Mulder share a leash when I walk them.  River is around my waist.  Normally they all settle into a pattern after the initial excitement of being out for a walk.  That didn't happen today.  Mike says they are like watching the Shriners in their little cars.  I think it's like the Keystone Cops.  Either way they never settled down.

Anya always has to go to the bathroom right away.  Since she and Mulder are on the same leash this leads to some pulling and me playing find the doggy doo in the grass.  When Mulder has to stop he is a stubborn little cuss.  He gets this look on his face and just digs his heals in.  Today he decided to wiggle out of his harness while I was picking up after him.  I was trying to get River to quit pulling, Anya to stop chasing Mulder, and Mulder to come back to me so I could put him back in his harness.  At least he panics when he realizes he's not on the leash anymore.  He freezes and doesn't move.  River on the other hand would see it as an opportunity to take off.

I finally get them all back and moving in the same direction.  We spent the rest of the walk going in three different directions, chasing robins and rabbits, barking at cars and people, and stopping every 5 feet to check out something cool.  Oh and we can't forget getting all tangled up because that's a fun activity.



All the pulling didn't help my muscles feel any better though.  I don't think it was the best idea to take all 3 at once.  Right now they are all sleeping and plotting their next move.  I'm going to spend the day cleaning out the fridge and making potato salad for our Fourth of July cookout tonight.  I need to show James how we Americans celebrate our birthday!

Be safe and enjoy your day!




No comments:

Post a Comment