Friday, October 21, 2011

First Run After Being Sick

I got something this weekend and was miserable for about 3 days.  Monday I didn't even go to practice because I was sick.  Tuesday I ended up sleeping most of the day and Wednesday I was at the pool all day, but I wasn't 100%.  Yesterday I took as an extra rest day just to make sure.  So in total I missed 2 days of training, a long run and a day of hill intervals.  Today I got out for an easy run.  I ran just under 2.5 miles.  It was cool and rainy, but the run felt great!  I ran pretty early so there was no one out.  The temperature was in the low 40s and was a nice temperature to run.

When I got home, I got James up and ready for school.  He wanted to walk to daycare no matter what the weather was like.  So we walked.  It was misting a bit off and on, but not too bad of a walk.  He was glad I was feeling better because he didn't get to walk on Monday and Tuesday.  He said he missed it.

This weekend we have a lot planned.  Tonight Mike and I are going out to dinner and then bowling.  We just want to blow off some steam.  Tomorrow I have practice from 7-12 and then we are doing some cleaning.  Sunday, I am getting up and going to church and then home for some more cleaning.  That kind of takes care of the weekend.  I don't know that it's going to be a very nice weekend so it's good that we planned to do the cleaning this weekend.  Pluse when we don't have James it makes it easier.

Off to start my Friday.  I have some swim stuff to do and then its out to run some errands.  I'm ready for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment