Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rainy Thursday

It's still nice temperature wise though.  I got up and got out for my run.  Day 3 of my new training program.  Yesterday was a rest day.  It worked out well because I was either in practice or meetings all day.  I had no time to really think all day long.

Today it was a 3 mile run with interval training.  I warmed up for the first mile.  Then I did 6 x 30 seconds of sprinting with 1 minute recovery between each.  Then I ran the rest of the 3 miles at a fairly okay pace.  Three of the recovery intervals I had to walk.  I need to push myself on those next time.

I felt really good about the run.  I was just off my 5k pace.  I also took the hilly route for an added challenge. 

Tomorrow I do a 2-4 mile easy run.  I'm at the University again so I'll run through the arboretum which is about 2.5 miles.  It will be a good run after my morning practice.  I'm just haning out at the University afterwards because we leave for Buffalo at 12:30 so no use in coming home.  The run will be nice before a 2 hour bus ride.

Saturday I'll probably have to run on a treadmill.  Yuck!!!!  I can't stand treadmills.  They just make every joint in my body hurt.  I just have to remind myself that its only for 3 miles.  I can do it for 3 miles.

This afternoon I'll get the dogs out for their walk.  Anya will have fun splashing through the puddles.  Mulder may pout, but he'll be fine.  Crazy dog.

I know this was a short week and those always seem to drag, but this week has just flown by.  I can't believe we are halfway through October.  Next week I have to make James' Halloween costume.  He's going to be a cupcake.  I just want to make sure its done and he can get in and out of it.  He's really excited about it too.  We'll probably be walking to school as well so I have to map out some runs for me from daycare.  To bad I can't take the dogs with me.  They are just to little to be running like that.  Plus there are two of them and they would be running in two different directions.  It wouldn't be pretty at all.

Off to continue with my Thursday!  My coffee awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment