Friday, October 14, 2011

Thanks Goodness It's Friday!

Wow, this week just flew by!  Usually short weeks seem to last forever, but not this week.  Maybe it was the fact that we have the Buffalo meet this weekend that made it go quicker.  Who knows.

I did have a morning practice so I was up at 3:30 this morning.  I wanted to put some soup in the crock pot for Mike and James since I was going to be gone this weekend.  I made ham, green bean and potato soup.  Yummy!  It was always my favorite growing up and since its supposed to be rainy and dreary I thought it would be a good choice for tonight.  I got that on and then finished up a few last minute packing things.  I headed out forgetting my coffee.  I swung into Tim Hortons and they were not awake.  It was 4:20 and it seemed to take forever this morning.

After my practice I went for my run.  Today I was to run 2-4 miles easy.  Well, I ran 2.6 miles, but my pace was a little to fast.  I really didn't realize it though.  I at the University through the arboretum.  That route seems to be all uphill.  I didn't think I would ever find a route that was uphill both ways, but I swear this one is.  I thought for sure my pace would be really slow, but it wasn't.  I was impressed with myself.

It has been raining and I got soaked on my run.  The trees were so pretty though.  I love running through the arboretum during the fall.  The colors are amazing.  Its so quiet too becuase all the leaves muffle everything.  It was drizzling for about the first 20 minutes.  Then it really started coming down harder.  It was still a soft rain just a lot more of it.  I got back to the pool and was soaked.  I can tell the shower felt really good after this run.

Tomorrow I will get up early to run on the stupid treadmill before breakfast and warm-ups.  I am running 3 miles at an easy pace.  I am just going to get on and do it.  I have 37 days until my next 5k and yesterday I registered for my very first 8k race in January.  I want to see where I am training wise.  I will be doing my first 10k at the end of April.  My next step after the 10k is a 10 miler and then a half-marathon.  I'm just going slowly into this.  I will do it and I will enjoy the time racing and training.  I'm just taking baby steps into it.

We leave for Buffalo this afternoon for a swim meet.  The kids should have a great time because it's in yards instead of meters.  They are going to really enjoy just swimming fast.  I thing they will ahve some really great swims as well.  This is our first meet so we are now off and running with the swim season.  Its going to start getting crazy really soon.  But it makes the year go by faster.

I'm going to get some work done at the University today and then we leave at 1pm.  I'm excited and really looking forward to the weekend.  Let's get it started!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment