Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Terrific Tuesday

What a beautiful morning it is this morning!  After many dark, damp, gray days we finally have a nice crisp fall morning.  It was wonderful to walk to school with James this morning and then run home.

Our walks in the morning are so enjoyable.  James loves to talk and he each day is a new topic.  Today it was all about his favorite colors and his birthday.  He loves the color pink, but he is cautious about how he says it.  He will say that his favorite color is magenta or raspberry or some other shade of pink.  He just loves pink plain and simple.  Mike and I don't care and I love that he loves bright happy colors like that.  I think it's great!  I think someone at has commented either at school or daycare though.  He has made comments that since he is getting to be an older boy that purple has to be his new favorite color since older boys don't like pink.  We tell him that he can like whatever color he wants and it doesn't matter his age or if he's a boy or a girl.

He is already trying to plan his birthday party.  His birthday is in January.  He says he's trying to figure out who to invite, but its hard to decide that.  And he has to figure out where to have it.  Another huge delima.  I'm glad he has lots of time to figure this one out.

I finally ordered a Road ID this morning.  I have been meaning to do this for awhile, but after almost getting hit last week I finally ordered it.  I don't even run with my phone so I figured I had better get one now, especially since some of my runs are when it's still kind of dark out.  I have lots of bright reflective clothes and lights so I'm covered there.  I just needed something with my ID on it and emergancy numbers.  Now I'll feel better running.

Today I ran 2.3 miles home.  The route I took has a long hill towards the beginning of the run.  I HATE hills so much.  But halfway up I decided that I will conquer my fear of hills this winter.  I know I will never like hills, but I don't want to dread and fear them.  I will just attack them one step at a time.  I will run this route until I can do that hill without thinking about it.  I have another mile that I will add on to the back part of that route that also has a few hills that I will do twice a week.  I will get over them and I will get better at them.  That is my goal for this winter.  By spring it won't be an issue for me.

I want to start adding weights to my workouts.  There is a gym that just opened up the road from us and I'm thinking of joining this winter.  I need to do something to help improve my strength and I know weights will help.  I have to find out costs and those things.  I do know it's open 24 hours so I can go early morning or late morning early afternoon when most people are at work.  I'll have to see though.

Well, off to start on my list for the day.  It keeps getting longer so I need to attack it now.  Have a wonderful Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment