Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday morning run

I am getting ready to clean and organize our bedroom, but I wanted to get out for a quick run.  I ran 1.71 miles in 19:21.  It was quick and it felt good.  I used to think that if I didn't do a 5k at least 3 times a week then I wasn't doing a good job.  I have sinced learned that I just need to get out and enjoy the run.  If I only have time for a short 20 minute run then at least I got out and ran for those 20 minutes.

Now I look and see that I ran almost 2 miles in 20 minutes.  That's pretty darn good in my opinion.  I have learned that I can't get mad if I just get 4 or 5 short runs in.  It's okay.  I'm doing this for me and my sanity.  I'm doing this because I enjoy it.  I'm doing it to get out and enjoy being outside.

I still have my goal of under 30 minutes by September 24th.  I will be working towards that goal all summer.  Now that it's nice out I will be running outside.  I love it!  Today the weather was perfect for running.  It was nice and cool with a light breeze.  The air was clean and fresh.  I loved!!!!!!

Oh and my mental block song...Yeah I kicked its ass today.  I just got done running up a long hill and was almost at the top when it came on.  I kicked it up and pushed to the top then enjoyed the run down to the bottom.  It felt good!  Now I need to get that song off my playlist so I have to get my iTunes transfered to my new computer.  It was pretty awesome though.

Well, off to take a quick shower and then to start organzing our bedroom.  I can't wait for June 25th to get here.  I get all this stuff out of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment