Saturday, May 14, 2011

Spring Cleaning!

It has been one crazy week.  First off I have been a giant slug.  At the beginning of the week I had a wicked cold.  It really knocked me out.  I slept every chance I got.  I am finally feeling better and Mother Nature decided that our area needed a good shower.  I'm hoping to get up early tomorrow and get at least 5k in.

Today, since it was raining we decided to start Spring Cleaning!  We are planning to do a garage sale in June so we are trying to get things together and ready to go.  We have also been trying to get James involved in all this.  Today we started our big clean!

I helped James with his bedroom.  We started by trying on all our summer clothes.  He was very methodical with how he did it too.  First all the shorts, then the shirts, then all his winter clothes.  LOL.  As we were deciding what fit, what didn't and what he liked, we were pricing things.  He liked that idea.

Next we tackled all his books.  His school is trying to raise money to build a well in Haiti so they are doing a book and bake sale at the end of June.  They are looking for donations.  I told him that the books he didn't want anymore would go to his school and that daddy and I were doing the same thing with our books.  We went through every one of his books and he decided what he wanted to keep which was most of them.  I can't say too much though because I have a ton of books.

Then came the stuffed animals.  This is where I thought I would have the most problems.  I was wrong.  He went through them and got rid of about half of them.  I was really proud of him.

Last came the toy box.  He did really well with that too.  He kept all his Hot Wheels, Nerf, and Playmobil.  He got rid of about half of his toys.

He got to put the price stickers on everything and he didn't have to get rid of anything that he didn't want too.

His room is now clean and organized.

Mike cleaned the bathroom.  He really scrubbed it too.  I think he even used a toothbrush to get into all the little places.  It looks awesome!

After James took a short break he wanted to do more cleaning and asked to help clean the craft room. I had started on it, but it is going to take a bit more work and organization.  I did let him help pick stuff up and put it on the shelves for further organizing.

He then decided to write a book.  He found some paper that I had were there was a place for writing and to draw a picture.  He's been working on it off and on since around 2:30.  It's going to be a cute book.

Tomorrow our cleaning spree continues.  I'm going to finish the craft room and the living room and Mike said he'd do the kitchen.  Monday I will start on the basement and our bedroom.  Next weekend we are cleaning out the garage.

I'm hoping by next Saturday evening the house will be cleaned from top to bottom and we will be organized for our garage sale.  It's been a very productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment