Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Downtown Mudpuppy Chase

This morning we all had races.  Mike and James ran the 3k and I ran the 5k.  It started out as a so-so day, but we were all ready to go.


When we got to the race we had to show off our homemade t-shirt and our race shirt with number.



After a wait and a warm-up it was race time.  



24 minutes and 39 seconds later they crossed the finish line!


James was so proud for finishing his first race.  We were very proud too!



Then it was my turn.  I ran the 5k.  I finish with a time of 35:33.  Not my best, but I'm happy with how I ran the race.



We missed the heavy rain thank goodness.  All of us had to run in some light rain, but that was fine.

It was a good day and James has asked to start running more.  I will take him out when we have him.  I just want him to have a sport that he really enjoys and can do at his own pace.  He seems to really like this and swimming so we'll keep going with both.

The next race for my is June 18th and July 23rd for James.

No comments:

Post a Comment