Thursday, June 5, 2014

Niagara Falls Women's Half Marathon Wrap Up

It's been awhile since I've posted and I need to get back at it. 


On Sunday I ran the Niagara Falls Women's Half Marathon.  It was a great race and a beautiful venue.  The race kits was amazing!  I loved running by the Falls.  My problems were my own doing. 


I've had some motivation issues so I haven't been running like I should.  I hadn't run for 3 weeks leading up the race.  I knew it was going to be rough go of it.  I was so right.  The first 15 minutes were pure torture.  I had to give in and do a 5 minute run 2 minute walk for the remainder of the race.  It worked well, but I was disappointed in myself for not training.


I added 9 minutes to my best time.  I'm going to run this race again next year to prove to myself that I can do it well.


I'm getting back on a training schedule starting on Sunday.  River and I are up early and out the door.  Now that swim season is almost over I can focus on me.


I'm looking forward to an easy 4-5 miles on Sunday. 


I'm signing for the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Half Marathon again this year.  Training will start July 1st for that.  I have some 5ks on the schedule for this summer and a few fun runs like the Dirty Dash, the Warrior Dash and a color run at sometime.


James will be running some of them with me and I have to be ready to run with him.  I'm looking forward to training this summer and fall.


Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment