Friday, June 6, 2014

Beautiful Friday

I got some much needed sleep last night.  One of the reasons my motivation has been lacking is my lack of sleep.  I have been having problems sleeping.  I have slept fairly well the past few nights so Sunday should be a go for my run.


I took all 3 dogs our for our mid-morning walk and they loved it.  The walk well together for the most part.  River wants to get back to running though.  When we pass a runner she looks back at me as if to say, "This should be us!"  Mulder and Anya are not runners, but they love the long walks.


I get to spend the rest of the day hitting up all the thrift stores because James announced that he wants to go at the 11th Doctor to the Niagara Falls Comic Com tomorrow.  I'm off to find the pieces for the costume.  At least it wasn't a Pokémon character because I have no time to make a costume like that.


I spent the walk making my normal lists of what needs to get done and spent some time thinking about my running.  It's one of the few times I don't think and with my mind in overdrive lately I really need to get back at it.  I planned our route for Sunday.  I know it's just going to be a short run, but just thinking about getting back out there makes me smile.  Sunday looks perfect for a run too!


I'm ready to be back at it.  I have a few races coming up that I will run with James and I'm excited to have him training with me this summer. He won't go on long runs, but he and I will do some short runs, hill work and speed work together.  He made the comment that he likes running with River and I.  Then he said something that I have to remember to keep me motivated and remind me why I enjoy running.  He said, "I like when we run with River because she has a lot of fun running.  She reminds me of 4 things about running.  You should run fast, pull hard, be carefree and have fun."  It's so true! 


Running should be fun and carefree.  Sometimes I think we lose that when we are training for a goal race or trying to find time to fit in a run.  My goal for the summer is to be carefree and have fun while I'm running.  I want to be as happy as River is when she's running.  I want to have that 9 year old mind set that James has.  Just have that feeling I did when I was a kid.  How great it felt to run.


So my mantra for the summer is Run Fast. Pull Hard. Be Carefree. Have Fun!


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment