Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What a Sticky Run

Today I postponed my run until after I dropped James off at school.  I think that was a mistake. I should have just run at five this morning.  It got humid out!  River was excited when she saw my running shoes come out.  I love watching her literally jump into her harness to go for a run.  It makes me smile and it makes it easier to get out the door.

We started out at a slow pace until a city bus passed us.  All bets were off then.  See, River thinks buses are giant rabbits to be chased.  I will say I do get my interval training in by running with her.

She was fine until about 15 minutes into the run.  She started slowing down then.  I don't take water with us on anything under 5k as it's usually around a 30 minute run.  Today I think she may appreciated the water.  I also didn't think it was that humid out either.  I feel like such a bad doggy mama. 

I did have to stop and stretch my hip so she got a rest then.  When I fell on Monday, I must have landed on it and not realized it.  I can't tell if there is a bruise as it's right where I have one of my tattoos so I can't see it there is a bruise there or not.

Towards the end of the run, I thought River was going to slow down for a walk but one of those really loud giant rabbits went by and we sprinted almost the last 3 minutes. 

After our walks or runs, she usually demands her lunch.  Today she drank some water and flopped down on the floor and is now sound asleep.  She's worn out.  Poor girl.  She loves every minute of the run though.

Tomorrow I'm back in the gym and starting back up with the weights.  I'll stop in the gym after I'm done coaching my Masters swim practice.  I'm excited to be back at it.  I'm feeling pretty good and motivated to get back to running and back to the gym.

It's all about pulling hard, running fast, being carefree and having fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment