Monday, June 9, 2014

Back At It!

This morning I was determined to get up and out the door for a quick run.  I know I have to build back up and that is the plan.  I set my alarm and the dogs helped get me up.  I fed them and got dressed.  When I pulled out my running shoes, River got really excited.  She knows what my running shoes look like and she knew that she was going to go for a run.  Once she gets going, I have no excuse not to get out the door.


I only had about 20-25 minutes since Mike had to leave for work.  It was just enough for my first day back.  It was a beautiful, cool morning.  I had the radio on and was enjoying the quiet calm of the day.  Early mornings are my favorite time of the day.  River and I love being out and checking out everything. 


I felt pretty good and the run was feeling nice and easy.  That's when it happened.  I misjudged the curb and did a fantastic swan dive into a beautiful tuck and roll landing.  I sat there stunned for a minute and then hopped up before anyone saw me.  As I was sitting there, River gave me a look that said, "Get up!  I have geese to chase!"  When I got home I saw the damage.






I also have a nice scrape on my ankle.  It was quite the fall.  We finished the run and I sat on the deck for a bit just enjoying the birds and the world waking up.  

Tomorrow I'm out for a bit longer.  Just increasing my time not focusing on the mileage just yet.  Just running a few more minutes each day for the next week and a half.  July 1st is my kick off for training for my next half marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment