Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Day 3: Olympic Inspiration

James got up early this morning and I had been up for a couple of hours already.  I was watching the Olympics and the women's hockey game was starting when he got up.  It was USA vs. Canada.  He was very excited and got to watch the first period before he had to get ready for school.  On the way to school, we kept trying to find the game, but couldn't.  When we got to school, the US was up 1-0.  I went to the gym after dropping him off and was able to watch the 3 period.  It was a pretty good game.  Canada won 3-2.  When the United States scored their 2nd goal I forgot where I was.  I was running along and when the goal was scored, I threw my hands up and said, "YES!" in a not so quiet voice.  Oops....It was a good game.  I can't wait for the medal games now.

I did do 4.5 miles on the treadmill today.  I felt pretty good and kept moving.  I think watching the Olympics is helping.  It helps pass the time and I am an Olympic junkie!  I got to also watch speed skating.  Today was a day off from my weights.  Tomorrow I have another cross training day and weights again.  Friday is my first long run of my training.  I have to remember my vasaline though.  My legs are a bit chaffed from running today.

This weekend I'll have 2 rest days as I'm at a swim meet all weekend.  It should be a fun time though. 

109 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment