Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 2: Half Marathon Training Has Begun!

And I'm off and running!  Yesterday and today I was in the gym with my goal in sight!  Yesterday I ran a 5k on the treadmill (Yuck!) and did weights (legs).  Today was a cross training day so I did the recumbent bike and upper body weights.  It felt good.  I'm glad I used last week to get back in the swing of things.  I have a schedule and my training plan, so I'm ready to go!


I just want some of this snow to melt so as my long runs get longer, I can run them outside.  I can only do about 10k on the treadmill and that's a mental battle for me.  I just hate staying in the same place the whole time.  I do make a game out of it and speed up and slow down at various times.  It doesn't make it any easier mentally for me though.  I just have to get through it I guess. 


Weight lifting has been going really well.  I feel really good while doing it.  I'm already going to up the weight on some exercises.  That's a good sign!


With my half marathon training comes my half marathon eating.  More protein and lots of fresh fruits and veggies!  I love it!  I have been eating like crap for about a month.  I haven't been getting enough vegetables and I can tell.  But I'm back on it and should start feeling more energized soon.


My next check up race is on March 8th.  It's the downhill race I run every year.  This year I'm going to break 30 minutes!  That's my goal and I think I'll be there by March.


Tomorrow I'm doing a 4-5 mile run, but no weights.  Thursday is another cross training and weights day.  Friday is my long run, 10k.  Saturday and Sunday I'm at a swim meet so I won't be able to get in any runs.  Monday should feel good though after standing on the pool deck the whole weekend.


110 days until I run my race!  Let's get this done!

No comments:

Post a Comment