Friday, February 7, 2014

It's Been Awhile

Ack...the holidays and all this blessed snow got me sidetracked and off schedule.  I'm back now and have been hitting the gym really hard this week.  Next week starts my half marathon training.  I'm running the Niagara Falls Women's Half Marathon.  I'm pretty excited.


I did run the Robbie Burns 8k and dropped 4 minutes from my best time on that route.  It was crazy cold, but it was a nice run.  Here I am after the race.


This was my first race as a 40 year old.  Not too bad.

This weekend we run the Valentine's Day Couples 5k.  James will be running as well.  We found out that we were going to have him this weekend so we got him registered as a single.  He's pretty excited about that too.

Because of all the snow and ice, I've been running on the treadmill this week.  I'm hoping that over the next few weeks it starts to clear up so I can do my long runs outside.  I just want a safe place to to them.  I'm really nervous about twisting an ankle on the ice and snow.  Or getting hit by car due to the incredibly high snow banks.

I've been hitting the weights this week as well.  It feels good to be back into a routine after being out of it for a few months.  I think when I'm looking at my training schedule, I'm going to have to accept that December and part of January are just crazy and I just need to get a run in when I can.  

This week has been all about getting on a schedule so I can start training next week.  I'm ready to hit it and hit it hard!

Half Marathon Training here I come!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment