Monday, October 1, 2012

Welcome to Monday!

We had a pretty low key weekend.  We did do the Run For the Cure yesterday.  That was a lot of fun. James loves doing the fundraising and then getting all dressed up in pink for the race.  I made t-shirts for us this year.  On the front I did a different super hero logo for each of us.  On the back I put "Heroes Wear Pink."  Here we are in our shirts.


When we got to the race there were all sorts of fun warm-ups.  James had a ball doing the zumba one.

He ran the race and did an awesome job!  He dropped 5 minutes from his time last year.  It was a great day.

This morning we walked to daycare.  It took us a bit longer than usual as we had to carry our Star Student stuff.  James is Star Student this week so he had to make a poster about himself this weekend and bring in something special to him to share.   He did the poster and decided to bring in one of his scrapbooks that he made.  That meant we had to have an extra bag to carry everything in as well as his bag for running tomorrow.  His mother has to take him to the clothes had to go with him to daycare.  We were loaded done.

After I dropped him off at daycare I went for a run.  I wanted to go between 6-8 miles today, but that didn't work out so well.  Last weekend at one of my races I bruised the inside of my right ankle, right on the bone.  I rested it last week hoping that it would heal fairly quickly if I didn't run and push it.  I was wrong.  I think because I'm standing on the pool deck and walking around on it, it hasn't had a chance to heal.  I started out feeling pretty good, but after about a mile it really started to hurt.  It went numb and then it really started causing me problems.  I would stop to stretch, but you can't stretch out a bruise.  I was really frustrated.  I had a good pace going and I was feeling really good.  I ended up only running 4 miles and my time was AWFUL!!!!!!!!  Tomorrow I'm doing some speed intervals so we'll see how it does on the treadmill.  I'm just not happy about this at all.

Well, I'm off to make my smoothie, get a quick shower and then head to the pool.  Have a terrific Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment