Friday, October 5, 2012

It's Friday!

It's finally Friday!  Although this week seemed to just fly by so I can't really complain too much.

Last night I made James' Halloween costume.  He's been so excited that I just broke down and did it last night.  He's going to be Toad from the Mario games.  Here is the finished product.



He's pretending to drive a car.  It really turned out well.  I just used some scrubs that I got at Walmart for the pants and vest, yellow duck tape for the edge of the vest, and the hat was from a clearance Toad costume that was too small for him.  Add a brown t-shirt and you've got Toad!  It was super easy.  Since the scrubs were too big I just cut and hemmed up the pants.  I had to remove the pockets from the shirt and pants as well as the sleeves.  That was the most time consuming part, but overall it was super simple.  He can't wait for Halloween now.

This morning I was going to go for a short run after walking James to daycare, but decided to rest my ankle and just walk home.  It is feeling better, but I don't want to have it hurting too much since I have to run a race on Monday.  The course is pretty hilly too so I want to be as pain free as possible.  Next week I'm just going to do the bike for the week to really give it a chance to heal.  I'm not happy about that, but I have to let it heal before I can go back to a good running schedule.  Plus next week our Disney jar will get a lot of money put in.  I usually do about 10-12 miles on the bike when I ride.  I guess that means we have that much more for Disney.

I have this weekend off because it's Thanksgiving.  I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend.  I'm going to get the house in order on Sunday since Mike leaves for Ohio.  Monday I'll just relax after the race and watch chick flicks and cross stitch.  It will be a nice quiet Thanksgiving for me.  Tomorrow I we are doing Thanksgiving at Mike's parent's house.  It's not the big deal that it is in the States and I can't get used to that, but it's still family.

Today I'm baking a blueberry pie as James requested it for tomorrow.  So off to the grocery store I go!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment