Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Back To Reality

Well, after a long weekend it's back to reality.  Back to the pool and back to chaos and craziness.  It's my normal though!

I am glad that I decided to just do the bike this week and give my ankle a break.  I woke up and my ankle was a bit swollen and tender.  The bruise is healing though.  It was just a really deep bruise.  I got the gym and did 10 miles on the recumbent bike.  I didn't push it too hard this morning since I ran a race yesterday.  It felt good to just read and go at an okay pace.  It got all the stiffness out and just got me ready for the day.

I do have a massage scheduled for today so that's going to be awesome!  It's later on this morning and it will also help work out some kinks in my legs.

Today I'm spending the day finishing up the laundry and working on the newsletter.  It goes out next week so I need to finish up my stuff.  I don't go into the office today so I can get some things done at home while getting home things done.

Tomorrow is my long day and I have to find a time to run home to let the dogs out since Mike is gone this week.  I feel bad when he's out of town and they are alone on Wednesdays for so long.  The other days are okay, but Wednesdays are long.

Tomorrow is also my rest day, but I may see if I can sneak a brisk walk in the arboreteum in before I start doing office work.  I won't run, but a walk would be nice.  I'll have to see though.

Thursday and Friday I'm back on the bike.  Friday I head to Buffalo for a swim meet so Saturday and Sunday I'll get in the fitness room at the hotel and get on a bike or go for a short run on the treadmill.  Next week I'm on a training schedule for my first goal race in January, the Robbie Burns 8k. 

Off to get ready for my massage.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment