Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Inspiration Tuesday: Back on Track!

Yes!!!!!!!!  I finally felt really good running!!!!!!!!  It was awesome!

I have been struggling with knee and then back issues since the end of May.  I have been on edge for a few weeks now.  About 2 weeks ago I got some news that wasn't exactly the best and ever since then I've been in a funk.  I was struggling with motivation, injury, and a complete feeling of being overwhelmed.  Mike was traveling and I just couldn't get out of the funk.  Today I came home from the Universtiy and was just spitting nails.  I'm not even sure why, but I was ready to kill someone. 

Mike went out for his run (yes, he's now running!) and I stayed home with James and got changed for my run.  When he got home I went out for my run.  I just plugged my ear buds in and got lost in the feeling of the wind and concentrated on my foot strike.  I almost always have the radio on, but at a very low volume.  I just like the background buzzing.  It gives me a feeling of a conversation.  Before I knew it I was almost 2 miles into my run!  My knee did get a bit tight around 2.25 miles so I let up and walked and stretched for a few minutes, but when I started running again it felt okay. 

I ran just shy of 5k and was about 2 minutes off my best 5k time.  After not running on a consistent basis I haven't lost a lot.  I feel so good right now!

Tomorrow I'm running in the arboreteum and doing some interval training.  I'm not on my half marathon training program right now, but I have on a sub-30 5k program.  I figured I had better ease back into the mileage. 

Thursday I leave for Ottawa for Provincials.  I will have the mornings to go for my scheduled runs.  The area where my hotel is is a nice newer area so there will be a good place to run.  Next Wednesday we leave for Winnipeg for a week.  I am taking my running clothes and have my runs all planned for the trip.  I am so glad that I'm healed and feel so much better now.

This is my inpiration for the week, especially tomorrow when I'll be doing my interval training.



I know I'm not the fastest runner out there, not even close, but today I felt like everyone was trying to catch me.  I felt like I was in the lead.  Tomorrow I'm going to remember that feeling.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment