Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday in Ottawa

This week has been one crazy week!  I worked on recruiting packets for the University to set out at the meet.  I am currently at Provincials and trying to get some other work done in the evenings.  It does help that I don't have to be at the pool until the afternoon though.  I'm 2 days into the meet with 2 more to go.

I haven't run since Tuesday so I made it point to run today.  After my swimmer was done, I had an early dinner and came back to the hotel to let it digest.  I decided to go on the treadmill since I'm not sure about this area and the traffic is really bad since it's Canada Day weekend and I am in the capital. 

I did some speed intervals this evening. Not a lot of distance, but I did try to push the speed a bit to see how my knee would take it.  While I didn't go as fast as I normally would, I did kick it up.  My knee was fine.  I had no pain at all.  I was so glad.  Tomorrow I'll go about 4 miles as a nice easy pace to see how it holds up on a longer distance.  I'll do it on the treadmill again and I'll try to get a shorter run in on Sunday before I check out and head to the pool.

I'm so glad that I can run again.  I have found that it is my time to destress.  This past month has been hard for me emotionally.  I haven't had the physical outlet that I needed to clear my head to deal with everything.  Now I feel like my head is clearing and I can process everything again.  And, bonus, I'm not feeling like I could cheerfully stab someone.  That's always a good thing.

On the swim side, my little guys have been doing well.  I have one 11 year old girl that is just kicking butt in the pool.  She has really become a good little swimmer in those longer events that 11 year olds normally don't like to swim.  I'm so proud of all my swimmers though.  They have really worked hard all year and I'm glad they get to show how far they've come at this Provincial level meet.

Two more days of the meet and then its home to pack for Winnipeg!  We are all excited about that!

Enjoy your Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment