Monday, September 9, 2013

Days 69-71: Kind of a mix bag

This weekend had some ups and down with my running.  Last week I was hit and miss with my training because we were getting used to the new schedule with school starting.  I think I have it under control now so hopefully that's all settled.

Saturday I ran two races.  In the morning, Mike and I drove to Niagara Falls for the Run or Dye race.  This is a color run and we had fun doing it.  I know Mike was really tired, but he was a good sport about it.  We had lots of dye packs that we were throwing in the starting chute.  On the course, every kilometer they threw a different color on you.  We had a good time and I'm looking for one to do with James next spring or summer.

Here are a few pictures from the run.







After the race we drove home in pouring rain.  Luckily is started after we were on our way home.  I ate some lunch and took a nap because I still had another race to run that night. 

Saturday night we drove to Toronto for the Night Race.  I really enjoyed this race.  It was a nice flat course and they had great pre- and post-race activities.  It was fun to run in the dark too.

Here are a few pictures from that race.








Yesterday, I had a long run scheduled.  I started out and got about 5k into it and I had some pain in my hamstring.  I went a little further and had to turn back.  I just couldn't do it.  I ended up doing just under 10k.  The pain was because I didn't use my foam roller Saturday after my races.  It was my own fault.

This morning a ran a 5k with River.  It felt really good.  I had some tightness, but not pain.  I'm going to use the foam roller a few times today and hopefully tomorrow I'll be good as new.

I'm having a good start to a busy week, but I'm ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment