Monday, September 23, 2013

Day 85: Recovery Run Day

After running 2 races this weekend I let myself sleep in until I had to get up to get ready to start the day.  Sleeping in for my is 5:30-6:00.  I decided to run after I took James to school.  I'm glad it did it then.  There wasn't a lot of traffic.  There really wasn't a lot of people out.  It was still cool and River got to run with me.

We did about 2.5 miles at a nice easy pace.  We took a couple of paths through the woods and behind one of the schools.  She likes those paths a lot.  She was having a good time until another dog barked at her.  It wasn't a friendly bark either.  She gets so upset when dogs don't like her.  Poor girl was so sad the rest of the run.

The rest of my day has been working at the computer so I'm glad I got my run in when I did.  I may do the same thing tomorrow.  I don't know if I will be able to take River or not.  It depends on the weather.

Starting tomorrow I'm going to take at least one picture on my training runs until I run my half marathon.  I want to see the change in leaves and nature over the next month.  It should be fun.

Today I signed us all up for a Halloween run.  James was very interested in it so we will all be running the 5k together.  It looks like a lot of fun and it will be a nice easy race for me after my half.  I won't run fast and I'll just have fun with it.  It will also be a great way to get back into my training after taking a few days off.

I'm getting really excited!!!  Only 27days left!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment