Monday, October 14, 2013

Race Blog Catch Up: 6 Days Left!!!!!!!

I have been so busy with things at home that I haven't been logging my miles or keeping up with my blog.  As Sunday gets closer, I'm starting to get nervous.  I have 2 more short runs before the big day!  I'm excited, but I know I will start getting snippy the closer it gets.

Last weekend we ran the CIBC Run For the Cure.  I got to run with River.  This was her very first race and she ran like a champ!  She loved running the race.  She didn't even want to stop at the half way point for water.  She looked at me and kept running.  James loved all the pre-race stuff and loved our t-shirts.  He likes doing this race.  Once River and I finished she kept watching for James.  When she didn't see him she made me run back to find him.  It was so cute.  They both got to run across the finish line together.

Here are a few pictures from the race.











Today I ran the KW Oktoberfest 5K Fun Run.  This is my 4th year running this race.  It leads off the Thanksgiving parade and follows the route.  It's hilly, but a lot of fun.  I ran in my chicken hat this year. 



James liked that it was easy to find me.  I ran a pretty good time and felt strong the whole way.  At some point my hat got turned around though.






Because of my chicken hat, I won the Spirit Award!  I got a bag of all sorts of Oktoberfest swag.  Here I am displaying it all.




It was a fun day.  I have to think of how to top my chicken hat next year.

Only 6 more days until I run my first half marathon.  AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment