Monday, September 16, 2013

Days 76-78: Kind of a mixed bag weekend

I think I finally have a handle on this new school schedule.  At least I hope I do.  The past 2 weeks my training has been crap. 

This weekend was pretty good though.  Saturday, James ran his first obstacle race.  He ran the Badass Dash.  He had a great time!  It was a nice race for kids.  Mike and I couldn't run the adult race for several reasons.  For me it was too close to the half marathon.  For Mike, the only times open were early in the morning and I had swim practice.  He couldn't leave James alone while he ran.  Maybe next year.

Anyway, James had a good time and loved the obstacle race!  He said his favorite obstacle was the Water Web.  He got soaked, but he loved it!  He also love that he had to climb over a bus.  Here are a few pictures from the race.










Sunday, I got up and did the Terry Fox Run with the swim team.  My groups had to run a 5k and the older kids had to do 10k.  I did 20k because I had to get my long run in sometime.  It was a beautiful day to run and it was a loop course.  I did 8 loops.  I thought I would get bored with that, but I really didn't.  It was a pretty course and it kind of made it feel faster.  I may try to do that with my next long run here.

The run itself felt really good.  I did break down and get new shoes and that has made a huge difference.  I had no pain at all in my Achilles or hamstring.  I ran an hour and a half before I did my 5 minute walk to get my honey stingers and Gatorade.  Then I did a 2 minute walk at the 2:15 mark.  This run really made me feel like I can do this half marathon.  I should be under my goal time, but we'll see.

This morning I got up and did a 2 mile recovery run with River.  It is so nice to run in cool weather.  I love running in the fall and in the spring because the weather is so awesome! 

Tomorrow I'm supposed to do a tempo run that is in total 7 miles with warm-up/cool down and the tempo part.  I think I'll take River with me as there will be times for breaks and her to get water.  I'm feeling really good about this race.  Only 34 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment