Friday, March 1, 2013

Happy March!

Wow...things have been busy busy busy at our house.

My running took a huge hit when I strained my right hamstring.  I was on rest for over a month.  I'm just not starting to ease back into my running.  In fact, I started a new challenge for March.  I am running at least one mile every day in March.  Today I did 5 very easy, very slow miles and felt pretty good.  I'm hoping I'm on the mend.

I have been taking a Learn To Draw class.  It's been going pretty good.  Here are a few things I've done.  First is a cabin drawn with charcoal.

 
Then we did a rose.  I did this using oil pastels.
 



Currently I'm working on a face using charcoals.  I'm almost done with it and I think it looks pretty good.

I have also been doing a lot of cross stitching lately.  I did more towels for my sister-in-law.  I have been working on a set of holiday towels that were for her bridal shower, but they have taken me a little bit longer.  I still have one more to do.




I'm also working on a big poster for my nephew.  It's going to be the Star Wars poster.  Here are the first two pages of the pattern completed.  I'm almost done with the third page.



My goals for the new year were altered a bit.  I have been making little homemade items for my friends and family to brighten their day.  I have mailed out several already.  There have been little cross stitch ornaments, soap, and magnets so far.  I have enjoyed making these things and James has helped as well. 

I'm hoping to be able to keep up with the blogging as well.  I think I have everything settled and organized.  Things have slowed down and I'm ready to roll.

Here's to a great March!

No comments:

Post a Comment