Saturday, March 2, 2013

Day 2 of Run March

Woo Hoo!!!!!!  After getting up at 3:30 in the morning to do 3 swim practices, I still managed to get to the gym.  I did 5.5 miles in the same time as my 5.2 miles yesterday.  I had no hamstring soreness at all.  It felt so good!  Now I just need the ice to melt so I can run outside with River again.

I also got new shoes yesterday.  I LOVE them!!!!!!  They are Saucony ProGride Guide 6.  They are the update version of my old shoes and I loved those.  These are much lighter and plus they are a cool color.

They match all my bright running clothes.  I think the new shoes will help with the hamstring soreness as well.

I did hit the wall around 2:30 this afternoon.  I ended up taking a nap to make it through the rest of the night.

Tomorrow I'm hitting the gym around 7am and hopefully going 5.75 miles plus doing full body weights.  It feels so good to be back at it.  I will be scheduling a massage though to help with the recovery.

I am so glad I'm on the mend!

No comments:

Post a Comment