Tuesday, August 16, 2011

That felt good!

After taking last week off and just giving myself a mental and physical break I got up and went for a run today.  It felt so good!  I was keeping a good pace and didn't even realize how long I'd been running.  It was nice.  I'm going out again tomorrow morning and then on Friday morning.  I have a plan for the next two weeks and that will get me to my race on the 28th.  Then I'll make a plan for my next race.  I'm just going to take it two weeks at a time and enjoy what I'm doing.

I used today's run to process some things.  Yesterday I found out that a friend passed away from cancer on Sunday night.  He had been battling it for awhile.  This friend really helped both Mike and I before we had even really met.  He was a kind and giving soul.  He will be missed, but his life will never be forgotten.  I was able to just really think about everything while I was running and that is one of the reasons I started running again.  It gives me time to process things and work through them both emotionally and physically.  If you can spare a prayer for Ron and his family it would be appreciated.

I finished Sienna's Christmas present on Saturday.  It turned out really nice.  I found a great frame for it and it really made look even better.  Here is what I made her.

I was supposed to be working on a Star Wars one, but I cut the cloth too small and I was missing one of the floss colors.  I like to have everything there and ready to go when I start.  I will be starting the Star Wars sampler tonight or tomorrow afternoon.  I can't wait!!!!!!

Today I'm heading out to the market for the first time in awhile.  I'm going to make some jam today.  I will probably go again on Thursday to get more fruit.  I love making jam and Mike and James love eating it.  I just wish I liked jam.  Oh well, I guess I have to make thumbprint cookies so I can enjoy the jam.  Darn it...the sacrafices I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment