Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cross Stitching: I Forgot How Fun It Was

I have been working on getting Christmas presents cross stitched.  I finished one Care Bear picture with two more to go.

I'm currently working on a Heroes of Star Wars Sampler.  It's coming along and looking really good. 




I have 4 more characters to stitch and then the backstitching between them.  I have one more Star Wars picture to stitch after I'm done with this.

I used to cross stitch a lot when I was in high school and college.  After college I kind of let it go.  This spring I started doing it again and have been going to town with it.  For our craft sale, I made simple little ornaments. 


Then I did these dolphins for James.



Then I made a picture for my nephew Sawyer that was a teddy bear and had his name and birthday on it.  That's when I decided to make the Christmas presents for my neices and nephews.  I had the Care Bear patterns and James said that Sienna and Sylvie would like that.  I knew that Gabe and Chi would love Star Wars so I went in search of some patterns.  I found them too!  Ebay can be wonderful for finding things like that.  Then James said the Sawyer will need a Care Bear too.  So he picked out a blue one for him.  I'm alternating between Care Bears and Star Wars right now. 

I did take a brief side trip after the first Care Bear to make a present for my parent's 40th anniversary.


I hope to have the Star Wars Sampler done by the end of the week and will start on the Care Bear this weekend.  I may have to go to Micheal's to get the two Star Wars and the one Care Bear framed, but I've been saving my coupons to save the money.

I have really enjoy seeing how a mess of colors and symbols turn into a wonderful picture when stitched.

Now I haven't been sleeping so this has been helping.  Tonight I will be taking a Unisom to help me get back on schedule as well as getting a run in later on today.  Then I can enjoy my stitching without messing up my sleep.  I can't wait to figure out what else I can stitch when these are all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment