Sunday, August 7, 2011

Erica's Wish 5k and the start of our vacation

Today we ran Erica's Wish.  James ran the kid's run.  It was a little under 1K and he did an awesome job!  At the last minute he wanted Mike to run with him so Mike did.  He was a sport.  It poured off and on all morning.  James did a warm up in the rain, but he got to run when it wasn't raining.  Here are a few pics from his race.

Here we are before our races.

Stretching in the rain.


At the starting line.




At the finish line and with his medal.





Then it was time for my race.  I knew it wasn't going to be pretty because I haven't been motivated to train at all these past few weeks.  It went better than I expected.  It was rainy and there were mud puddles, but I really did love the course.  I love running in the mud!  I know I'm weird, but I love running in mud and rain.  One thing that came out of this race was I am not motivated to rev up my training.  Tomorrow I will get up and go for a recovery run.  We are in Sudbury for a few days so I will be exploring around the hotel.  I'll tell Mike to watch for the bat signal in case I get lost.  LOL.

Here's me before the race.



Coming in to the finish.



James and I after my race.



After the race, we piled in the car and headed for Sudbury.  It was about a 5 hour trip from Toronto where the race was.  James was wound up on the ride there.  Even the DVD player didn't help.  We stopped just outside Sudbury at a tourist spot calle French River Trading Post.  It gave James a chance to get the squirmies out and to see a few things.






Once we got to Sudbury it was time for a late lunch at Deluxe and the famous chicken on a bun.  I have been hearing about this place for awhile now and it was really good!


Tomorrow we will be hitting Science North.  James is excited about that.  Right now, I'm ready to crash!  I'm sure I'll have lots to say tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment