Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Chocolate Race

Today I ran the Chocolate Race and was pretty happy with how I did.  It was windy and cool, but I love running in that kind of weather.  I felt really good the entire race.  There was one part where my knee started to twinge a bit so I slowed up for about 30 seconds and then it was fine.  I know I will do this race again next year as the course is just so pretty and I loved the chocolate afterwards.  LOL.

Here I am at the starting line.


Crossing the finish line.



With my medal after the race.



I haven't been training as much as I should and if I want to reach my goal I have to get my rear in gear.  I have 27 days until the zoo run and I need to be training my butt off.  I am working out a schedule tonight and then off I go.

I have been really busy canning for the past few weeks.  I've made 61 jars of jam, 20 jars of salsa, 12 jars of bruschetta, and 17 jars of tomato sauce.  This coming week I'm doing pickles and zucchini relish.  Then I get a break until we go apple picking and I make applesauce.  I think I'm ready for winter.  I can tell you that I don't want to see another tomato for a long time.

Tomorrow it's up for a recovery run, get some thinks done for swimming, register for a zumba class, and do some light cleaning around the house.  Oh and laundry.  I've been putting that off so it needs to get done.  My week is going to be busy and it's my last week before the swim season starts up again.  I need to get a lot of stuff done before I'm back at it!  I need to enjoy tonight and then get ready for tomorrow.  Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment