Friday, November 8, 2013

First Snowy Run of the Winter!

Okay, so it was just a little snow, but it was still snow!

I got to sleep in a bit this morning since James' mother was taking him to school today.  River got me up at the time I normally get James up for school and she was anxious to get going.  She danced around me as I got ready to head out for what I wanted to be at least 5-6k this morning.  When she saw me put on my running shoes she got really excited.  Then we walked out the door.

She saw the snow, turned and looked at me, and sighed.  She is not a fan of snow at all.  She is a fan of running though.  We started out and she kept looking back at me as if to ask why all this snow was there.

About halfway through the run I snapped this picture.


She's happy to be out, but not happy about the snow. 

After a mile she wanted to go back home.  I directed down a street that led away from home, but she wasn't having it.  She found her way back home.  I was able to get 2 miles in this morning before she drug me back to the house.

She had her after run snack and is now curled up on the couch sleeping.

Hopefully Sunday there isn't any snow on the ground so I can get a 10k run in with her.

To be fair, Mulder wasn't to thrilled with the snow either.  He walked out on the deck and you could see his shoulders just sink as he realized that there was snow.  Anya is the only one that is happy that is snowed.  She rushed out and rolled around in it with a huge smile on her face.

I like the temps and the snow, but I really don't want the ice and covered sidewalks.  I want to run outside as long as I can.  I hate running on treadmills!

Off to start the rest of my day!  Enjoy yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment