Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Back on Track!

After taking about a week off after my half-marathon and then another week off due to a bad cold, I'm back in the swing of things.  Monday River and I ran 3 miles and today we did 5 miles.  The temperatures have been great for running!  Monday was a little on the cool side, but today was perfect.

Today was a bit rough getting out the door though.  I really had to talk myself into this run.  I was starting to get a headache because of the rain that was moving in.  I'm still not completely 100% after my cold, but I had to get River out for a walk so I figured I should just suck it up and run.  I put my Suck It Up Cupcake Bondi Band on to keep me motivated.  Once River saw me putting my running shoes on and getting her water bottle ready she got really excited so that made me even more excited.  We went out and River just wanted to start chasing all the leaves and things blowing around.  I got her settled on a pace and she was all smiles.

We have a 5 mile run that we do that takes us through a park and past the dog park we take her too.  there is some path running and it's a nice run.  Today we ran it backwards.  It made for a nice change.  She loved running the path as she got to chase squirrels and more leaves.  When we got to the dog park she kind of half-heartedly tried to get me to go in, but she was really enjoying the run. 

We did take a different side road to avoid some construction on the main road.  It gave her some new things to smell and some new things for me to look at while running.  We did see a few houses that already have their Christmas decorations up.  I'm so not ready for that!

Once back on the main road, River got to race a few buses.  I don't know why she loves chasing those, but she does.  It gives me some great interval training though.  The last mile was into the wind and it started raining a bit.  It was a nice finish though.

I'm so glad I went out for this run.  It just felt so good!  Now I have to get some lunch and get my work done.  On to the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment