Monday, December 26, 2011

Post Christmas and a Good Run

Christmas was really good this year.  We had a lot of fun leading up to it and yesterday was great!

Friday we went to the inlaws house for dinner because Mike's aunt and uncle were coming over.  It was a nice dinner and James opened his present from them as well as the present from Uncle Pat and Aunt Kristie.  He got Mouse Trap from Rick and Judith and spy gear from Pat and Kristie.  Both things had to be tried out when we got home.  We played Mouse Trap and then he tried his night vision goggles.




Christmas Eve we picked up the house since we had the wraping stuff and the dogs destroyed another tennis ball.  Everyone helped and we were done in no time.  We went back to the inlaw's house for our Christmas.  Mike's mom had to work so we did presents Christmas Eve.  James had a good time and loved all the Cars 2 cars he got and the new cookbook. 





When we got back home James found out that Nicholas went back to the North Pole but had left him new Christmas pjs that glow in the dark.



Christmas day was so much fun!  We were up early to open presents.









The animals even joined in the fun.





We went back to Mike's mom and dad's for breakfast.  When we got home we started setting up the Hot Wheels wall tracks we got.





Later in the afternoon we all kind of crashed.  James read a book that Great-Grandpa Vannette got him.  We all just kind of relaxed.





After we dropped James off at his mother's house, Mike and I went to Victoria Park and Waterloo Park with the dogs.  We had a good time and it was nice to get out and walk.









Today we are having a lazy day.  I did get out and go for a short run.  I ran just over a mile and I felt pretty good.  I haven't run for a month and I've been on the meds for just over a week.  I think they are helping.  I didn't feel dizzy at all.  I like that.  Now, we won't talk about how icky I felt after the run after not running for a month.  That's okay though, it will come back pretty quickly.  I run a 5k on Sunday and I know it won't be pretty, but that's okay.  At least I'm back out there and running.

Tomorrow it's back to practice and back to the grind.  I will be having everyone help me clean and James is going to make dinner for us.  It will be a lot of fun.  I'm really enjoying all the time with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment