Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hanukkah Hustle 5K

Today I got to run a race with my mom and grandma watching.  It was fun!  I have been hit and miss with my training since I haven't been feeling 100% so I was a bit worried about what this race would look like.  It was pretty good.  I ran a personal best of 34:55.  It felt good.  As I started running a noticed that we were running down the hills when we came to them.  In my head I was starting to frustrated myself by noting that meant I had to run up the hills on the way back.  I was not looking forward to that.  I did it though.

I felt so good at the end when I saw my time.  It has me motivated again to run more consistently and stick to my schedule.  I am already planning my week so that I can get my running in.  It will require me to be organized and just suck it up and forget the fact that I'm still not 100%.  I feel good after I run.  I feel like I've accomplished something. 

My next race is January 1st and it's a 5k.  Later in January I have an 8k so I'm trying to get ready for that.  I know I can do it because I want to do it.  I'm inching closer and closer to my 30 minute goal.  I know I can get that goal sooner than I think.  I have discovered that I do enjoy running in the colder weather.   Of course it hasnt been super cold and we haven't had snow yet, so we'll see.  I may change my tune come February.

I sat down and planned my race calendar for the next few months and I'm really excited about all the races coming up.  I am running a 10K in April and I want my first one to be pretty good.  I can't wait to run it!

After the race we went to Niagara Falls.  Mom had never seen it.  It was fun. We had a good time walking around and looking at the Falls.  We didn't go far or stay long, but it was still a lot of fun.

Here are a few pictures from the day.

At the starting line.



After crossing the finish line.

Grandma and I at the Falls.

A rainbow.


Here we are with our mounties.




Tomorrow they head back home and it's back to my routine.  I had a great time this weekend and can't wait for them to come up again!


No comments:

Post a Comment