Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes...today is my birthday.  My birthday lately has been bittersweet.  I don't mind getting older, but there are a few thing that I haven't yet been blessed with, but I'm sitll holding onto hope.

My day started out with the words, "Oh SHIT!!!!!!"  My alarm didn't go off and I had a 5:30 swim practice.  I normally get up at 4:00 am and leave the house around 4:20am so I can get a cup of coffee and a bagel.  This morning I set my alarm for 3:30am in case the road got icy overnight.  I got up at 4:50 and the roads were a bit icy.  I didn't get my coffee and I was about 10 minutes late for practice.  Because I was rushing I didn't get my running bag so I didn't get a chance to run today.

I was not happy, but I adjusted.  I did about a 30 minute core workout on the Wii.  It wasn't what I wanted, but it will do.  I also have my bellydancing class tonight so that will help.  And tomorrow I will make up for it when I run and bike.

Monday morning I start doing yoga once a week.  I'm trying to increase my flexibilty and my core strength.  I have done some yoga on my own, but really could use some instruction.  I'm excited for that.  There is a gym that is opening just up the road from us in a few months.  I'm hoping to join and then start doing weights and taking a few classes there.  I figure that I could run to the gym.  Work out and then run home.

My meal planning is back in semi full swing.  I used to be really anal about planning meals and shopping and then cooking them. I am a huge crockpot fan and with our schedules it works out really well.  Over the holidays I kind of got away from that.  So I'm trying to get back on track with that.  Tonight I'm making my own birthday dinner of tuna casserole.  I'll make a boccocini salad to go with it and some broccoli as well.  All my favorites!  Yummy!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I'm burning more than the 129 calories that I did today and be back on track for the week!

Keep on movin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment