Sunday, January 30, 2011

Body Image

Body image is something I've struggled with.  It seems to be hitting me again full force.  I know logically I'm not  obese or grossly overweight.  Could I stand to loose a few pounds.  Probably, but it's not more than maybe 5 to 10 pounds.  What I see when I look in the mirror is not what's really there. 

I'm in no danger of becoming anorexic or bulemic, but I don't like what I see.  It really depresses me and that leads to a spiral that takes me a day or two to get out of.  Thank goodness I've gone through IC to help deal with issues and I have the tools necessary to cope with that.  It still something I am struggling with.

What I have problems with is when I eat anything that isn't healthy, I feel guilty.  If I don't do some sort of exercise everyday I feel guilty again.  It's something I work through everyday.  Now, I have to balance my love of chocolate, pizza, wings, and beer with my guilt.  I am doing a good job of that and I have to stay on top of it.  It's a battle that I will probably be dealing with the rest of my life, but as long as I'm aware of it and keep on top of it I know I will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment