Sunday, April 5, 2015

It's Been A Rough Winter

It was a long hard winter.  I had to struggle with motivation and depression.  It became a cycle that I had to break.  This week I broke it!

I spent this week trying to get back on track and start building my base back up.  I have my workout calendar hanging in the bathroom.  I ran or worked out every day.  I'm feeling really good this week. 

I'm running for time as opposed to mileage right now.  I started with just 15 minutes and have been adding time each day.  I did a day of cross training and two days of weights.  I'm also doing a fitness challenge this month.  By having the calendar hanging on the bathroom mirror, I see it several times a day and I have to be accountable to myself.






April and May will be used to build my base back up and on June 1st I start half marathon training again.

This week was tough, but I did it.  I ran two races this week.  On Friday I did the Good Friday Road Races.  James and I ran the 5k.  It wasn't his best race running wise, but he showed that he's really grown.  He knew it wasn't a going well, but he kept a great attitude and kept saying he just needs to finish.  He didn't complain and he kept moving.  I was so proud of him!








We also counted this race as two of the virtual races we are signed up for.  We did the Spaceballs Dark Helmut 5k and the Live Long and Prosper Leonard Nimoy Memorial Mile run.  The route had some hills, but they weren't too bad.  My legs were sore though from adding weights back and doing the fitness challenge exercises.

Saturday I ran the Harry's Spring Run Off 8k.  That one killed my legs.  They were complete toast by the end of the race.  It was hilly and ended with an uphill.  I was glad I did it though and I hope to get to do it again next year.








I had to change around some of my workouts for this week, but I have it all on my calendar.  It feels good to be back.  I'm feeling better as well.  I just needed to get up and get going.  I had to break the cycle.  It was hard, but I'm glad I forced myself to get back at it.

James is excited to start running with me this summer.  He loves running and I love having him run with me.  Tomorrow and Tuesday I'm in the gym, Wednesday is a partial rest day, Thursday and Friday I'm running, and Saturday I'm going to go the gym again.  I have the fitness challenge everyday this week as well.

Week 2 is going to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment